Seldom Said

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Writing wrongs

I spent a sizeable portion of last month working on a new novel as part of the annual scribble-fest NaNoWriMo. It won't come as a big surprise to anyone to learn that I didn't come anywhere close to reaching the arbitrary 50,000 word goal of this event, but I did manage 13,809 words and - more importantly - made a decent start on a novel that I can actually envisage finishing. This is in stark contrast to my previous attempts, which either trotted along amiably for years without ever threatening to come to a conclusion or faltered before they really got started.

I never really thought that I'd be able to sustain the discipline required to write 50K words in a month, but I did find it reasonably easy to write 500 to a 1000 words at a sitting. Hence my aim now is to keep up the momentum by writing little and often. If I succeed, then you should expect to hear about the finished work in about a year's time...


Comments

Post a Comment

Inconsequential thoughts rarely worth muttering out loud
Index
Links