Seldom Said

Monday, January 23, 2006

Running rewards

One of my resolutions for 2006 (in addition to writing this) is to run in at least three 10km+ road races. The increasingly popular Great Manchester Run, which I've done every year since its inception in 2003, is the only one I've entered so far, but I also have my eye on the Trafford 10K in March. Anyway, it's certainly high time I started training, so after wimping out earlier in the week I met up with my friend and colleague Sean for a run on Saturday.

He took us on a predictably long (11.5km) route, involving lots and lots of lovely mud, but we kept a leisurely pace so I didn't feel too bad afterwards. As an added bonus I found myself running alongside a kingfisher for a few wonderful moments on my way back along Chorlton Brook. Alice and I have previously caught tantalisingly brief glimpses of this elusive local resident whilst out walking, but on this occasion I was privileged to watch it gliding along for several seconds as it followed the snaking path of the brook. Magical.

Comments

Post a Comment

Inconsequential thoughts rarely worth muttering out loud
Index
Links